Information about our Driver's Education & Training Courses
Our driver's education courses are designed to meet the social responsibility and legal needs of the teenage student in an informative, creative and friendly atmosphere.
Our courses also provide the essential knowledge, skill and attitude, for survival on the California Highway and road system. The contents meet and exceed the standards established by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Instruction in the following areas are covered:
Major causes of accidents, natural forces affecting driving, signs and signals, highway markings, California's vehicle code, rules of the road and pedestrian safety, affects of alcohol and drugs on driving, motorcycle safety, differences in characteristics of urban and rural driving, the safe way of using the modern expressway, toll roads and freeways and the driver's responsibilities.
Sound educational principles shall be employed, which include the student's involvement in a variety of ways, such as: Discussions, lectures, films and videos, textbooks, demonstrations, observation, and reviewing tests, quizzes and evaluations
The Driver's education Course consists of 30, fifty minute periods. This is a requirement set buy the California Department of Motor Vehicles for all teens between the ages of 15 1/2 to 18 years old.
Provisional Instruction Permit Requirements for Minors:
If you are between 15 1/2 and 17 1/2 you must provide proof that you:
- Are enrolled and participating in an approved integrated driver education/driver training program
- Completed driver education and are taking driver training.
- Fill out the DMV application form (DL 44) and have your parents' or guardians' signatureon it.
- Present an acceptable birth date/legal presence document.
- Provide your social security number.
- Pay the required DMV application fee ($28).
- Pass an eye exam.
- Have your picture taken.
- Give a thumb print
- Pass a written test, currently you must miss no more than 8 out of 46 questions, if failed you must wait 1 ween to re-take it.
- HhHHold your permit for a minimum of 6 months before you apply for a license.